The Galaxy Y is stuck on Gingerbread OS since Samsung decided to cut off the official updates for the mentioned device due to hardware limitations. But as you might know you can anytime apply the latest features, apps and capabilities on your smartphone and this by flashing a custom ROM firmware. Well, by doing the same now you will be able to update the Galaxy Y to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS; the software is dubbed as Jellynoid and brings important stuffs for your Android powered phone.
We all know that Galaxy Y S5360 is an outdated handset with mig range specs and features. Anyway there are still many users who are using this handset and because of that we have decided to bring this step by step guide. In order to power up the performances of your Galaxy Y you should complete the guidelines from below for learning how to update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. The Jellynoid ROM will also tweak your handset as the battery life will be upgraded, the speeds improved and the Android experience changed.
On Jellynoid you will be able to receive new looks, themes and background images. The best is that Jellynoid brings a custom version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS that has been customized for the Samsung Galaxy Y. That’s why, even though your handset is not a high-end one, the present JB 4.2.2 OS will smoothly run on your device. The firmware is stable and comes without bugs or things that aren’t working. Of course Jellynoid is a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.2.2 platform so you will not update your Galaxy Y with an official Android OTA system. The present ROM has been developed by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present tutorial.
Good; unfortunately since you are flashing a custom ROM and not an official software, there are a few things to take care before going any further. The first to begin with is root access. You see, this guide can be applied only if you have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – else you will not be able to install the Android 4.2.2 JB ROM. So, gain root access first and then return to the present step by step guide.
Then, continue the preparation things by installing a custom recovery image – recommended is CWM or TWRP recovery. The stock recovery can’t be used when trying to install custom ROMs, so instead flash a custom one. As soon as these tasks are being applied you will be able to update your Galaxy Y with Jellynoid custom ROM.
Of course the warranty will get void, but since the phone is quite old, this shouldn’t be a problem for you. Anyway, if something isn’t working as expected, or if you don’t like the new software, use Odin and downgrade to stock Android Gingerbread OS. Then, the root access will be revoked and the factory restrictions reinstalled along with the official variant of Android system.
Don’t forget to backup your data because on the update operation everything that is saved on the internal storage memory will be wiped out. So, if possible save the contacts, messages, call logs, calendar info, market apps and personal info and accounts. Use CWM recovery for making a Nandroid backup and use this guide for saving the EFS folder. For the backup process you can safely use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play.
On the other hand, now it should be the time for the following tasks:
- Make sure that you can use a computer on which you should deactivate the security protection – deactivate the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall protection.
- You will have to connect your smartphone with the computer, so your Galaxy Y and its USB cable must be near you.
- Take your phone and from path “settings -> applications -> development” enable the USB debugging option – else your phone can’t be connected properly with the PC.
- Finally, take a look on the battery status: if there is less than 60% power left, take your time and plug in the charger; else you can skip this step – if your handset gets turned off in the middle of the update operation you will risk in damaging the internal system of your Samsung Galaxy Y.
Perfect, you are now one step closer to the proper tutorial. Do remember though that this step by step guide is suitable only with the Samsung Galaxy Y model number S5360. The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Jellynoid custom ROM has been developed only for the mentioned handset so the steps from below are compatible only with the same. Use this tutorial on a similar or different Android powered smartphone / tablet will probably brick your beloved device.
- From here download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Jellynoid custom ROM file.
- Save the update on your computer.
- Place the package on desktop; don’t unzip.
- Connect your Galaxy Y with the computer – use the USB cable for making the connection.
- Now, from the computer take the downloaded file and place it (copy-paste or drag and drop) on your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable as you don’t need the computer now.
- Turn off your handset.
- Reboot in recovery mode.
- Wipe the system by using the recovery mode menu. The wipe can be applied by choosing “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Furthermore, return to main menu and then choose “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Again, return to main menu; now select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card.
- Up next, pick the update file and start the flashing process.
- When it is done, reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take longer than usual, but there is nothing wrong with your device.
- But if a boot loop is what you get, you will have to reboot in recovery once more; this time select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; return and reboot.
If you don’t like the new Jellynoid custom ROM, then if you have made a Nandroid backup, now you will be able to easily restore the older Android OS. For doing so, you will have to reboot in recovery and from there you will have to select “backup / restore” – follow the prompts and you are done.
So, that was all; the step by step guide has been successfully completed therefore, now you know how to update your Samsung Galaxy Y to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. The Jellynoid custom ROM is running on your phone so test the software and share your impressions with us and with other users who might want to test the same.
Previous Post «« About Love Hate and the other ones Apk 0.1.5 Download
Tags: 4.2.2, amera, Android, android 4, android os, android system, Anti, Antivirus, apk os galaxy. com, Backup, Battery, Boot, Brick, cache, Calendar, Call, Cam, camer, Camera, Car, Card, Client, Clock, Clockwork, ClockworkMod, contact, Contacts, Cover, Custom, custom rom, custom roms, Cut, cwm, dam, data, dir, download apk jellynoid, download jellynoid 4.2 apk, Drag, dungeon keeper v1.0.33 apk for galaxy y, efs, elect, Eps., eset, evo, External, FINAL, firewall, firmware, Flash, Folder, Full, Galaxy, galaxy y s5360 rom download new experiance jb, galaxy ys5360 new os 4.2.2 free download, Ginger, Gingerbread, Going, Google Play, gt, how to, Insta, internal storage, Jelly, jelly bean, Jellynoid, jellynoid custom rom firmware package, jellynoid rom apk, King, Learn, LED, Life, line, Lock, Loop, Media, Memo, Memory, message, Might, Mod, Nandroid, nds, Near, Need, Next, Note, ODIN, opera, Package, PARTITION, Path, Perfect, Pic, Power, present, Pro, Rage, Reboot, Recover, RECOVERY, Restore, ROMs, Root, Rooted, Run, Running, s2, S3, S5360, Safe, Samsung, samsung galaxy, samsung galaxy y, samsung s5360 android4 os original, SD, Security, Settings, Sim, Ski, slot, Smart, Soft, Speed, Star, Start, Stock, storage, sun, System, tablet, Task, TD, the best, Theme, Themes, Thumb, tivi, Tom, trib, Tweak, TWRP, Unzip, Update, upgrade, usb, virus, wall, War, xda, ZIP