Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5100 on the Android 4.1.2 XXBMF1 firmware can be rooted now using the ODIN application. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the root easily without losing any data in the process.
Rooting your tablet shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to complete. If you root your device, you will be able to flash new custom ROMs, Kernels and any other customization files. Also, by rooting the Galaxy Note 8.0 you can start using apps that require root. Such apps can be used to enable various hidden tasks of your tablet and improve the overall Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean experience.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMF1 unbranded OS can be rooted, but you will first need to read the preparation guide and learn what steps are required so that the tutorial can be completed at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to know:
- this guide will work exclusively with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5100. Don’t try to root any other Android devices using this tutorial.
- your computer should have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on it, this will get the tablet to be recognized when plugged into your computer.
- enable the USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
- disable Samsung KIES. This small tool by Samsung will interfere with the rooting process and block ODIN – the program that you will use in order to apply root.
- disable any antivirus applications from running on your PC.
- make sure that the tablet’s battery has enough power left before switching off during the rooting process.
- backup all your important data that is stored on your device.
- the tutorial might wipe all the data that is currently on your tablet.
- don’t blame us in case you lose any important data in the process or you brick the tablet.
- this is a guide that should be completed by advanced users.
- read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that I have listed below.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over before starting the root of your tablet device. In case you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
- Download the CF Auto Root zip file from HERE. Save the file on your computer and unzip its contents.
- Download ODIN3 v3.07 from HERE. Unzip the file.
- Power off your tablet.
- Boot it into Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN exe.
> wait for Odin to say that the device has been ‘added’ and then get to the next step.
> in case Odin doesn’t recognize the Galaxy Note 8.0, then you can try to switch between USB ports or reinstall the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Click the PDA button in Odin.
- Browse your PC for the CF-Auto-Root-kona3g-kona3gxx-gtn5100.tar.md5 file and load it into Odin.
> don’t change any other default settings.
> make sure that the Re-Partition option is disabled.
- When everything is set, click the START button and wait for Odin to complete the installation of all root files.
- After the root is complete, you will see a confirmation message displayed and the tablet will reboot into normal mode.
- Enter your Google Account details when the home screen is shown.
- Take control over your device and now you can start installing new applications that require root.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the root of your Galaxy Note 8.0 device.
NOTE: If Odin doesn’t complete the root, it shows the FAIL alert or it freezes, then you will have to unplug the tablet from PC and close Odin. After that you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again and make sure that you don’t skip any steps.
NOTE 2: If ODIN says that the root process has passed, but the Galaxy Note 8.0 doesn’t go past the Samsung animation screen, then you will be forced to apply a factory reset. This will delete all the contents from your tablet, but it will force it to boot into normal mode. Here’s how to do that:
- power off the tablet completely and make sure that is not connected with your PC.
- boot the tablet into Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ from the main Recovery screen and wait for the process to complete.
- get back to the main Recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
- wait for the first boot process with the new rooted ROM to complete and then take control over the Galaxy Note 8.0 by entering your default Google Account credentials.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete the tutorial and root your tablet. If you’re having problems with this root, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
Check the root status of your device using the Root Checker app by Joeykrim from Google Play Store here. Launch the app on your tablet and then simply click the ‘verify root access’ button and Root Checker will confirm whether or not your tablet has been successfully rooted.
Previous Post «« Instagram videos expected for Facebook’s June 20 event
Tags: 3D, 3G, 4.1.2, Adv, Advance, Advanced, Android, android 4, android 4.1, android 4.1.2, animation, Anti, Antivirus, antivirus indir gt5100, apk root note 8.0 n5100 4.2.2, Apps, Auto, Backup, Battery, Bean, best rom for n5100, Block, Boot, Brick, browse files n5100-n5100, Butt, Button, call recorder mod n5100, Cat, cf defence 2 android download, cf defence 2 apk, cf defense 2 apk, cf defense 2 apk download, cf defense 2 apk mod, cf defense 2 for android, cf defense 2 for apk free for samsung, cf defense apk, cf defense hd 2 apk, chain, chainfire, change rom samsung n5100, chi, cm 10.2 for gt-n5100, cm 10.2 gt-n5100, CONTENT, Control, Cover, custom flash rom for galaxy note 8 gt-n5100, custom rom, custom rom for note gtn5100, custom rom galaxy note 8.0 gtn 5100, custom rom gt n5100, custom roms, customs roms samsung note n5100, cutom rom for samsung n5100, data, dc, Developer, dir, Disa, Download, download cf defense apk, download kernel for note 8 5100, download launcher for galaxy note 8n5100, download launcher for galaxy note 8n5100 free, download samsung galaxy note 8 5100 4.1.2 rom, drive, Driver, du, Earn, elect, Eps., eset, experienc, External, ez, F1™, f3, File, Files, fire, fire 2 gt-n5100 appt to root, fire 2 gt-n5100 firmware, fire 2 gt-n5100 root, firmware, Flash, flash rom galaxy 5100, fp, free android games gt-n5100, free apk mobile games, free download n.o.v.a 3 for gt-n5100, free download samsung galaxy note 0.8 n5100 applications, free downloade radar theme samsung galaxy note 0.8 n5100, Full, gala, Galaxy, galaxy gt-n5100 free games, galaxy note, galaxy note 8 gt n5100 modding, galaxy note 8 n5100 custom rom download, galaxy note 8 n5100 root for call recorder, galaxy note 8.0, galaxy note n5100 custom roms, galaxy tab 3 8.0 root apk, GO, go launcher ex samsung note n5100, Google, Google Play, Google Play Store, gsm arena#hl=en-gb, gt, gt-5100 fire 2 rom, gt-n5100 fire root, gt-n5100 root, gt-n5100 root rom, gtn-5100, Guide, Hidden, Home, how to, how to get android 4.2note 8 5100, how to root fire 2 gt-n5100, how to root samsung note 8.0 gtn 5100, how to select black theme in samsung gt-n5100, http://apkblast.com/android-apps/apk/tag/galaxy-note-8-n5100-root-for-call-recorder/, IM, import, Insta, Install, IP, ir, Jelly, jelly bean, joe, kernel, Key, Learn, LED, les applications du samsung galaxy note 0.8, line, Link, Lock, Mall, md, message, Might, Mod, N5100, n5100 best rom, n5100 custom rom, n5100 rom xxbmf, n5100 roms, n5100 roms link, Need, nes, Next, Note, note 2, note 8, note 8 4.1.2 download, note 8.0 download mode, note 8.0 gt n5100 custom roms, note 8.0 root, obl, ODIN, odin3, Order, PARTITION, Pass, pc, Pixel, play store, Power, Pro, RAM, Reboot, reco, Recover, RECOVERY, reset, Ring, Rio, roc, ROM, rom 4.2 note 8 n5100, rom 4.2.2 note 8 n5100, rom customizada gt n5100, rom customizada n5100, rom manager for galaxy note 8 5100, rom manager for note n5100, rom manager galaxy note 8.0, rom odin n5100, ROMs, Root, root cf root note8, root checker, root n5100 apk, root samsung, root samsung galaxy note, root samsung note8, Rooted, rooting, rooting smamsung n5100, RTS, Run, Running, s not, Samsung, samsung 4.1.2 widget apk, samsung galaxy, samsung galaxy gtn 5100 root, samsung galaxy n5100 custom rom?, samsung galaxy note, samsung galaxy note 8 gt n5100 android 4.2.2, samsung galaxy note 8.0 gt-n5100 apk, samsung gtn5100 themes free downloads, samsung n5100 custom rom, samsung tab 3 root apk, scr, Screen, Setting, Sim, simp, Sing, Ski, Skip, Star, star note 8.0 rom download, Start, start button, status, street fighter mobile games free download for gtn5100, sun, switch, System, tablet, take control, Task, theme galaxy note 2.8 gt-5100, Thumb, tivi, to do, Tom, Tool, Unzip, usb, using, v3, video call note 8.0 gtn5100 4.1.2, virus, War, what, XXBMF1, Za, ZIP, zip file, 三星gt-n5100 root