G2 is the latest Android based handset released by LG, the smartphone bringing quite impressive specs and features to those who are interested in buying a new 5.2 inch based device. LG G2 is a powerful phone that can easily compete with the Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z or HTC One, so probably there are many users who have ordered the handset, even though it has just been officially released (currently the device is available on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and other carriers from US and from around the world). Anyway, if you own the LG G2 and want to use your new smartphone on full power without dealing with factory restrictions, use this guide and learn how to gain root access.
So, if you are ready to take your phone to a higher level of performance, then complete this step by step guide. Be careful though as the present root solution can be applied only for the Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T model of the LG G2. Also, the steps from below are compatible with the Korean version of the smartphone (regardless the carrier you are on), so don’t use the present tutorial if you have a different variant than the ones mentioned above. Also, stick to the guidelines from below and don’t complete things by yourselves; else you can mess things up and you can also end up in bricking your new LG G2.
Gaining root access is an operation that must be completed for both high end and low end Android based handsets. Why? Well, easily, by rooting you are gaining access to the internal system of your device. After gaining root access, on your LG G2 you will be able to improve the performances, bump the speeds and upgrade the battery life. In a few words, on an unchained system you can apply custom ROMs (like CM10.2, ParanoidAndroid or AOKP), install custom kernels, flash custom recovery images, overclock the CPU and so on. As you can see, if you are an advanced Android user, root access is not an option for you.
Be careful though as each version of the LG G2 can be rooted with a different method. That’s why you should follow a compatible guide that is suitable with your smartphone, or else you can damage its system. As already stated, the present guide can be safely completed for rooting the Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Korean variants of the LG G2. If you have a different device, skip this guide and don’t use the steps from below. Soon, we will bring further root solutions that will be suitable with the other models of the LG G2.
Good, now let’s see how to prepare your handset for the root operation that will shortly follow. But first do note that when gaining root access, the warranty gets void. So, you will lose the LG G2 warranty; don’t worry as the warranty can be restored: all you have to do is to downgrade your phone to stock Android OS, or to apply an future official update – the OTA releases can be flashed only manually as the notifications can’t be spotted on rooted smartphones.
- Backup your LG G2 data which is stored on the internal storage memory as during root your personal data, info and accounts might get corrupted or even erased.
- I recommend you to backup at least the text messages, call logs, contacts list, market apps and the most relevant stuffs for you.
- Then, ensure that you can use a computer, your phone and its USB cable.
- On the computer deactivate the security options and protection like antivirus and Firewall protection.
- On the same computer install Android SDK: learn how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux, or learn how to install Android SDK on Windows.
- Enable USB debugging (“settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging”) on your LG G2.
- Charge the battery of your phone if the battery status indicates less than 60% power left.
- Remember to apply the steps from below only if you want to root the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Korean versions of the LG G2; else you will risk in bricking your smartphone.
How to Root Verizon LG G2
- Go here and download the LG G2 drivers on the computer.
- Install the drivers.
- Connect your handset with the computer via USB cable.
- On the computer go to the Fastboot folder and there open a command prompt window.
- On the cmd window enter: “adb devices”.
- The serial number of your LG G2 will be provided.
- Good, now on your computer download the root app – use the link from here.
- Launch the app and follow the on screen prompts in order to root your Verizon LG G2.
- In the end a pop up window will be displayed showing the model number of the phone LG-D800 and a check mark.
- Notice the button on the bottom right, it says ROOT with some chinese lettering – click it.
- Download the Superuser by Clock Work Mod app from the PlayStore and accept all the pop ups from the Superuser tool.
How to root LG G2 for AT&T, T Mobile and Korean users
- Download the LG G2 drivers on your computer from here.
- Install the drivers.
- Connect your handset with the computer via USB cable.
- On the PC open a command prompt window and on the same enter “adb”.
- If ADB is working the serial number of your LG G2 will be displayed.
- Download the root package from here and save it on your computer.
- Install the root app and follow the on screen prompts for rooting your device.
- Notice the button on the bottom right (on the window that will be displayed), it says ROOT with some chinese lettering – click on that button.
- The phone will now reboot.
- Up next, go to Google Play and download and install Superuser app.
Perfect, you are done. So, good job guys, you have successfully rooted your LG G2 (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Korean versions of the device). Congratulations, you have applied the step by step guide; use the comments area from below and share your experience with us and with other users that might want to complete this tutorial. Also, stay close for further tutorials suitable with your LG G2. Also, this step by step guide has been provided by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this root solution.
Tags: adb, adb lg g2 download, adb lg g2 from macbook, adb mac "lg g2", adb sideload lg g2, Advanced, android geeks how to root lg g2 (suitable for verizon), android os, Anti, Antivirus, AOKP, AT&T, Backup, Batte, Battery, Battery Status, best app to overclock lg g2, Boot, branded, Brick, Bump, Butt, Button, Call, call logs, can i root my at&t lg g2 with out a computer, Car, Carrier, cate, chain, Chinese, Client, Clock, clock work mod, cm, CM10, CM10.2, Command, contact, Contacts, Cover, CPU, custom rom, custom roms, dam, data, Developer, dic, dir, does lg g2 korean version work with tmobile, drive, Driver, du, Eps., EVA, External, Fast, fire, firewall, Flash, Folder, Full, Future, Galaxy, Galaxy S4, GO, Google Play, gt, hod, how do i root my lg g2 without pc, how o root lg g2 without computer, how to, how to flash custom recovery tom e450f lg xda, how to install, how to overclock lg g2, how to overclock lg g2 without root, how to root, how to root a lg verizon without pc, how to root a sprint lg g2 with no computer, how to root android lg g2 without computer, how to root htc verizon without pc, how to root lg g2 no computer, how to root lg g2 on at&t without pc, how to root lg g2 sprint without computer, how to root lg g2 without a computer, how to root lg g2 without a p.c, how to root lg g2 without computer, how to root lg g2 without pc, how to root t mobile lg g2 without computer, how to root your lg g2 without a computer, how to unroot lg g2 without computer, howto overclock lg g2, Htc, htc one, Insta, internal storage, kernel, King, Korea, korean, latest one click rooting without pc for lg g2, Learn, Level, lg, lg g2, lg g2 adb mac, lg g2 drivers for mac, lg g2 root apk, lg g2 root mac, lg g2 root no computer, lg g2root no pc, lg home.apk at&t, lg root apk, lgg2 root 4shared with no computer, Life, line, Linux, Lock, mac, Market, md, Memo, Memory, message, Might, mma, Mod, nds, nes, Network, Networks, Next, Note, noti, Notif, notifi, Notification, Notifications, opera, Overclock, overclock lg g2 without root, overclocker lg g2, Pack, Package, Perfect, pet, Phone, Pixel, Playstore, Pop, pop up, Power, present, Press, Pro, Rage, Reboot, Recover, RECOVERY, reg, Restore, ROM, ROMs, Root, root app, root lg g2, root lg g2 att without pc, root lg g2 no computer, root lg g2 no computter, root lg g2 no pc needed, root lg g2 t mobile without pc, root lg g2 verizon without a computer, root lg g2 with no computer, root lg g2 without computer, root lg g2 without pc, root lgg2 without computer, root my lg g2 sprint without a-computers, root my lg g2 without a pc, root my lg g2 without computer, root without pc android lgg2, Rooted, rooting, rooting the lg g2 on a mac, S4™, Safe, SD, Security, Settings, Ski, slot, Smart, sol, Sony, sony xperia, Speed, status, Stick, Stock, stock android for g2 without computer, storage, suitable, Super, superus, Superuser, System, Thumb, tivi, to do, Tom, Tool, two, upgrade, usb, Verizon, verizon lg g2 overclock, virus, wall, War, Windows, Word, words, World, xda, Xperia, Xperia z